Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest forms of marketing wherein you refer someone to any online product and when that person buys the product based on your recommendation, you receive a commission.
This commission depending on what product you are promoting.
1) on-line shopper decides to buy an item.
2) He visit on an affiliate site.
3) He is now redirected to the merchants site.
4) The shopper finally makes the purchase and the merchant reward the affiliate for his efforts.
The most common question I hear is related to however company track the record of who is causation the traffic and creating the sales. the easy answer is with a following URL (a unique link given to you by the affiliate company or product company).
This URL is used to stay track of all the traffic and sales you’re creating via your web site or different promotional techniques. several old style affiliate programs allow a buyer to add the e-mail or referral details in an effort to account for affiliate sales, however this can be never the most effective way to track progress.
Here are some of the common terms associated with affiliate marketing:
- Affiliates: Publishers like you and me who are using affiliate program links to promote and make sales.
- Affiliate marketplace: There are many marketplaces like Shareasale, CJ, and Clickbank. These work as central databases for affiliate programs in different niches.Affiliate ID: just like the affiliate link, but many affiliate programs offer a unique ID that you’ll add to any page of the merchandise website.
- Commission percentage/amount: the amount or percentage you may be receiving in affiliate income from each sale.
- Affiliate link: Special tracking link offered by your affiliate program to trace the progress of your affiliate promotion.
- Custom affiliate income/account: unlike a generic affiliate account, several companies offer custom affiliate income to people creating the most affiliate sales for them.
- Landing pages: a unique product sales or demo page used for the aim of increasing sales. Most of the programs that you simply will be promoting have several landing pages, and you’ll to see that pages convert best for you.
For companies providing an affiliate program, this can be one in all the simplest ways that to receive free promotion, thus saving well on advertising.
For example, whenever you see coupons or discount links, most of the time these are affiliate links, and once you build a sale, webmasters make money.
At this point, you should have a basic understanding of what affiliate marketing is and how it works.
Affiliate marketing and AdSense Can we use both?
Yes! You can use Adsense and affiliate ads on your websites but you need to follow some rules.
- Maintain good amount of gap between adsense ads and affiliate ads
- Don’t modify Google Adsense code
Is affiliate marketing harmful or illegal?
No, it is neither harmful nor illegal, as you will simply be using the particular link provided to you rather than a direct link to link to any site.
How do I find an affiliate link for any product?
Not all corporations offer an affiliate program, of course, except for those that do offer affiliate programs, you’ll check their web site for related information. once looking out, be sure to check the company’s list page if they have one.
Another way find this info is to do a simple Google search. as an example, one could place the following phrase into Google Search: “(product name) + affiliate program”. (Replace “product name” with the name of the product you’re promoting.)